Wednesday, April 25, 2012

confessions



Thought I'd link up with E today for some Midweek Confessions.

It's been awhile since I've been to Confession. Okay, actually it's been my whole life, having been Protestant since about age 3...but whatever. Confession is good for the soul, right?

-Mother's Day is less than a month away and I am dreading it with my whole heart, mind, and soul. I think I am dreading it more than any other year, which is hard to imagine. I am already planning on skipping church and hiding under the covers, away from the internet all day. So much for being optimistic, right?

-I have commitment issues when it comes to planning our vacation. Even though we've decided where we want to go, I just can't pull the trigger (aka hit "MAKE MY RESERVATION!" and provide them with my credit card number). It's a combination of "but what if there's a better deal later?" and "are we totally stupid to be spending a bunch of money on a vacation? Should we be saving that money? Do poor people like us deserve nice vacations, even though we've saved the money for it?" I know. I have issues. But that's what Confession is for, right?!

-I love Instagram, but I am starting to think my life is totally un-photo-worthy. If I try to maintain my commitment to not post ONLY pictures of my dog and flowers, I find myself with very little to post. I think next month I'll do one of those photo-a-day thingies to help me get outside the flower-and-dog-filled-box.

-Sometimes blog-related paranoia overcomes me. Like last week when I was really snarky and condescending about that horrible feeding tube diet? I spent the next 24 hours stressing out about "what if someone on that diet SEES my blog? What if the girl whose picture I snagged sees it?!!? She will be so sad!" and then I try to rationalize things by being like "look, EVERYONE on the internet was bashing that thing/girl. Huffington Post ran a piece. Every major news outlet. It's not like my blog is the solitary source of negativity out there." But even still, I stressed. Is that stupid?

-Ever so often...more often, lately...I'm still overcome with the desire to just go somewhere. Maybe the Middle East, still. Maybe somewhere else. Somewhere awesome. Just somewhere. I don't know.

Well, that's enough Confessing for one day. Time to go to Zumba!


10 comments:

  1. I totally have a hard time booking vacations etc. I think about the good deals that may come after I book too. Glad I'm not the only one!!

    Burn some calories for me at Zumba...ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Sounds like Lola needs to get her act together and give you a good Mother's Day this year!

    2. As for the vacation, JUST DO IT. You are not stupid to be spending money on a vacation - you guys deserve some time off, away from reality... and I have no doubt it will be well worth it.

    3. I feel the same way about Instagram. I say take pictures of whatever you want! People love dogs and flowers :)

    4. I don't think it's stupid at all to stress over the things you write and how they will be received. I think it shows you were brave enough to express an honest opinion, but thoughtful enough to consider how it will be received.

    5. I don't think I will ever, ever, ever experience your desire to move to the Middle East, but more power to you.

    Sorry for the novel... can you tell Wade is MIA tonight and I haven't had enough adult interaction today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Allison's novel of a comment made me laugh! Just FYI, I can totally relate to your vacation commitment phobia, but Allison is right- just do it!! Life's too short to not go on fun child-less vacations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! We have been praying for the Lord to open the door for us to go into missions ( not necessarily the middle east). Anne is out there right now but it has been very scary. I know God has put that on your heart for a reason, keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you joined in!! And, I totally understand the blog paranoia - I do it all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book that vacay right now you penny pincher! You deserve it!

    And...I always want to go somewhere. I'm convinced being in a traveling gypsy caravan will pan out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book the vacation and don't look at anymore prices. :) There.. Solved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way with vacations! And I think your life is totally photo worthy, even if it's just pictures of you, your dog and your flowers. That's a pretty sweet little life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do the photo-a-day thing, its way fun...although I've never done it, I would enjoy more people that I follow posting interesting things on a daily basis...and its so neat to see different people's interpretations of things!

    I think you ought to be careful about what you write/pics you post. YEs, freedom of speech and etc., but you hit the nail on the head when you wrote "she would be sad." I CAN say I have hurt people AND gotten in trouble with things I've written and the worst part is knowing you can't take it back. (The diet is stupid, but so is only dressing your child in organic cotton...and someone who does that might read that comment and be hurt. So is it better for me to get on a soapbox or be kind? AND...when people's skin starts falling off in the future because of all the chemicals in ordinary cotton and I switch to organic cotton...THINK of the hayday people will have when they read my faux pas, published for all the world to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm planning on doing a photo-a-day challenge for May because I am so bad about taking pictures! Now I just have to find a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.