Friday, November 26, 2010

so thankful

It has been a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving. A truly fabulous time of rest and conversation and food and laughter and family. And did I mention food?? Trust me, no one was in any danger of starvation.

I'll try to avoid waxing poetic. I was going to have a ton of great pictures of food and family and what-not, but doesn't it figure that my camera battery died after my first picture yesterday??


Yes, yes it does. Anyway, this picture does a pretty good job of capturing a lot of what's been going on. A lot of people gathered in the living room, engaged in eating, reading, chatting, playing games, and watching football (or a movie). It's been a lot of fun. This picture was yesterday (pre-Meal)...see us planning out our shopping?? It was pretty hardcore.

So was the time when we headed out to Kohl's this morning. Check out the clock in my car!!

Yup, we were those crazy folks. At least we weren't alone, though. Here we are lining up with 800 of our closest friends!

The lines wrapped all the way around the building! It was surprisingly not-chaotic, though. No stampeding and everyone was pretty well-behaved. Way to go, Athens.

We came prepared. Don't worry, one of those coffees is mine. I don't let Mattie double-fist his caffeine.

We shopped from 3 til 7am. We got quite a few good bargains...although I must admit most of them were not gifts...they were stuff we "needed." Haha. Then we grabbed a biscuit, went home, and crashed til 9:30. Since then it's been an odd day of resting, eating, going re-shopping, and hanging out. I feel very out of touch with the time of day, though. I'm exhausted and it feels like the day is lasting forever!! (But not in a bad way. Not like when the work day seems to last forever.)

I did take a little time to pull out a few Christmas decorations, though. Due to the rain, we didn't get a tree today...guess it will have to wait til next week. But I grabbed a few decorations from the top of my "Christmas box" and holiday-fied the mantle!!
I'm not sure if it will stay exactly like that, but it was enough to make me feel festive. You may notice my spray-painted sticks/pine cones in the red vase on the right...they're really pretty in person (the flash makes them look weird here)!

Well that's about all I've got to share. I think I'm going to go be really exciting and pay some bills. I know, try not to be jealous. I guess I should be thankful I have a house to be paying for, right?? Right, that's the spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.