Friday, June 24, 2011

i guess i'm extreme

 Am I the only person who does this? It's my "day off," I have 50 million things to be doing (planning/prepping for a baby shower tomorrow, putting my house in some semblance of order, mowing the lawn, walking the dog, grocery shopping, sleeping...I could go on for days here) and yet all I am doing is drinking coffee, catching up on the blogosphere. I would almost feel lazy, except that I've had such a crazy week that I think I'm allowed this few minutes (okay, hour or two) of downtime. ESPECIALLY since I have this gem to share with yall.

So every once in awhile, the local newspaper shows up on our driveway. I think they're trying to 'tempt' us into subscribing. Now, this is not the Athens paper, which is the largest local semi-legit news source. We already get that. Nor is this the shopping circular that is just store ads and stuff that shows up once a week. This is a real newspaper (although I'm being generous to call it that, since it is apparently written and edited by third graders) for our county, aptly named the ______ County Journal. I guess sometimes they must print extras or something, because we'll get a Wednesday paper on a Thursday afternoon. I don't know why. But anyway, that's not the point.

The point is, we got one yesterday. Since we were about to drive out to the Gurley's house, I grabbed the paper to peruse during the drive (since I was the passenger, of course. I'm not one of those maniacs reading whilst driving...). And MAN am I glad I did. 

Normally I don't read political cartoons. Since I hate politics, it's only fitting. Plus I usually don't 'get' them, since I don't know what's going on in the political world. Luckily, there must not be much going on in the political world of my county. Because this cartoon spoke right to my heart. And then I laughed for 10 minutes. You might need to click this to view it larger. It will be worth your time.



Um....wow. This made me crack up. I'm not beyond poking fun at myself. Although I would like to point out that I am a far cry from a Hoarder (like the folks featured on the TLC couponing show)...I can definitely identify with having Kung Fu Scissor Mastery, the Hulk-Like Arms for Heaving Coupon Libraries, and Track Star Legs (although I've always had those, not just since I started couponing. I guess this is just a convenient excuse). I still need to work on my Paper Cut Tolerance, as those get me down quite frequently.

So now that I've shared the funniest thing I saw all week, I must move on to more productive things. Like ironing a million tablecloths. And shopping for baby shower groceries. Better grab my Hulk-Arm-Requiring Coupon Library!!

PS. Just so you know, I just cracked my own self up further by labeling this "politics." Hey, I mentioned the word. It must count. I think this will bring my count of "political" posts up to like....2. Since I am STILL laughing at this thought, I guess in addition to qualifying as "extreme," you could also call me "easily amused."

1 comment:

  1. Um, if you are extreme in choosing blog world over...well, all that other stuff, I am there with you! And that cartoon is hysterical!

    (oh and I'm working on a new site, so if it looks different, its still me!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.