Wednesday, June 1, 2011

three peas in a pod

 Hello and welcome back to yet another nail-biting, thigh-slapping addition of Way Back When-sday!!!! Or...maybe it's not that exciting. But it could be.


Remember awhile back when I mentioned my favorite sibling picture that was framed at my parents' house and that I didn't have a copy of? The one that I've thought was totally normal my whole life, only to have everyone I know make fun of it once I reached semi-adulthood?? Well, you're in luck. Last time we went home, I found a wallet-sized copy.


Please remember that, as I said before, this sucker is practically LIFE-SIZED at home. I'm guessing it's like...2 feet by 3 feet...or whatever would be a proportionate rectangle in that neighborhood. It's huge. And personally, I think it's adorable. I don't understand why others are compelled to laugh at it. So without further adieu, here it is...enjoy. Or laugh. Whatev.


Ummm....seriously, what is NOT to love. Matchy-matchy outfits? Check. (Note: when I someday dress my own children in matchy-matchy outfits, which I will, I will blame it on my DNA. We are dressed matchily in SO MANY PICTURES. Guess my parents were fans.) Pigtails? Check. Erika-sans-glasses (the rules of dancing also apply to portraits)? Check. Staring off into the distance? Check. Olan Mills gold embossing on the bottom? Yup, it's the real deal.

My only real beef with the pic is that...why did Mom make MY bangs look all weird and curled/brushed to the side (I'm sure she was going for "fancy"), and Sarah's get to look normal, which is way cuter? Gosh.

I also located this next picture. Same outfits, different day...I deduced this because my pigtails and bangs are normal and not fancy. Posing in The Spot in the front yard. 95% of my pictures in life are in this same spot. Sadly, not all of them have the Tercel in the background. RIP, Tercel.


My favorite thing about this one is how Sarah's hands are stuck in those tiny, awkwardly-placed pockets. Classic!

Well, that's all I've got for ya tonight. I think that the next time I go home, I will dig around the attic and see if I can locate these outfits. I think we can all agree that the super best thing ever would be if my OWN children can wear them some day and we can recreate these fantastic shots.

Also: you guys are doing a GREAT job with the questions for Matt! We are working on getting them all answered...some of them are pretty in-depth, which is fun! If you didn't get a chance to submit yours, it's not too late. I'll try to post "the interview" this weekend.

And...glad to know yall are equally as law-breaking as I am (and some of you are more so). I am definitely going to snag a few hydrangeas next time I walk by. I'll take a picture of them on my mantle so you can enjoy them along with me (and experience their awesomeness for yourself). 

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Julianne does the same thing with little pockets! It must be a little sister thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG- I love awkward kid bangs and horrible haircuts...maybe I should go digging through my own soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.