Day 3 of Snowpocalypse.
I don't know how you people up north deal with this. I'm totally over it. I can't wait for it to be in the 70s next week.
I've come to the eye-opening conclusion that I'm not a very productive Snow Day person. In other words, I've accomplished absolutely NOTHING and wasted a WHOLE lot of time during our three (and counting) days of being homebound. I see people's stories of Snowy Productivity and accomplishments this week and I totally cannot relate. And we've had power the whole time, so I don't even have a good excuse.
Things I Could Have/Should Have Done This Week:
1. Our taxes.
2. Fold the clothes that have been in the dryer since Monday.
3. Balance the checkbook and pay bills.
4. Exercise (with a DVD since the gym is closed and even if it wasn't, we couldn't get there).
5. Finally sort through the Depressingly Empty Nursery that has been shut up like a tomb since November. Figure out what to do with all the (probably expired or expiring soon) formula. Give people back the stuff they lent us.
6. Work on writing the requested (and promised) lipstick tutorial blog I've been procrastinating.
Things I Did Do This Week:
1. Finish Season 2 of Revenge. Sign up for Hulu Plus (which I hate so far-- commercials??!?!) and start Season 3.
2. Make and drink lots of coffee.
3. Go on Snow Walks each day.
4. Have a snowball fight with Mattie.
5. Play Scrabble (on a board, not my phone!).
6. Watch ALL THE OLYMPICS.
6a. Including curling. I watched for like 15 minutes and tried really hard to understand what was happening and it's JUST NOT COMPUTING, GUYS. I would rather watch paint dry.
7. Stay extremely current on everything happening on Facebook and Twitter.
8. Visit my next door neighbors and play with their litter of 6-week-old puppies.
9. Pre-plan all the bitter things I'm going to say about the inevitable baby boom that will occur 9 months after this snowstorm.
Well, when I list it all out like that, I actually look pretty productive. Just not in ways that are actually important, ha. Oh well. I still have at least another day to knock out the first list. As soon as I finish Revenge Season 3, that is.