Friday, August 29, 2014

the rest of the week

It's been another exciting week of OMG I HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over here. Sorry if that makes for unexciting blogging. I'm sure that some day I'll be all bored and ho-hum over how impossibly adorable every single thing Millie does is and I'll have other exciting things to blog about, but today isn't that day. Well, except for one thing. If you hate babies and cute pictures, just scroll to the bottom and I'll give you some amazing advice about pizza.

We tried on some skinny jeans just for giggles. Obviously she looked fabulous, but I felt bad about squeezing her into legit tight denim at such a young and tender age-- back to the soft and cuddly leggings!


 On Wednesday we had her follow-up appointment with an audiologist. Camilla failed her hearing test (in one ear) in the hospital, so she had to go re-test this week. The doctors all said it's super common to fail the test and that nearly all of the babies will pass it a few weeks later (once all that amniotic fluid has cleared from their systems), so we weren't too worried about it. I had no idea what the test would entail (they took her away and did it in the nursery while we were in the hospital, so we didn't see it), but when they started strapping electrodes to her tiny little head, it made me feel sad!

 

Luckily she did just fine and passed with flying colors! She slept the whole time just like she was supposed to and I guess her ears and brain did whatever it was the doctors were looking for, cause they gave her an A+ and said she didn't need any further testing. So yay Millie!

We take baths several times a week. It is my favorite thing on earth every single time. While I get the bath (in the kitchen sink) ready, Matt gets the baby ready. And then they come to me like this:


Camilla still LOVES her bath and her flower petal thing, but now we've started also putting her in the little plastic bowl thing for a soak...and she loves that too. It is the most precious thing ever!

Yesterday we embarked on our first Family Road Trip to visit my family for the long weekend (haha- since we're still on maternity/paternity leave, our whole LIFE is a long weekend! Wooo!! But other people have a long weekend this weekend, so we shall celebrate with them). Since we ended up not buying that Honda Pilot (womp womp), this was our first big excursion with baby, dog, and ALL THE STUFF crammed into our little Toyota Matrix. We ended up with Millie, me, and Lola all squeezed into the back seat. The front seat was basically empty, but I just didn't trust Lola back there alone with the baby- Lola's not such a great car rider under any circumstances, running back and forth along the back seat, jumping against the window...ugh. I was just worried she would stomp right over the car seat and the baby in her passion to look out both windows. But with me in the middle, I could keep her corralled to 'her' side of the car. It worked out fine, but it was not a particularly fun drive. If we win the lottery or come into an inheritance anytime soon, you can put 'vehicle with 3 rows' at the top of my to-buy list.

But we made it and we are happy to spend time with family and enjoy a change of scenery for a few days! 
Yaaaaaay family!! And yaaaaaay for this adorable ruffled outfit!!
Right, pizza.

Judge me if you will, but when I got a circular in the mail for Little Caesar's and saw that they now have a PRETZEL CRUST pizza...I almost died of happiness.


I love Little Caesar's pizza anyway. I know it might be unpopular to say that, but in all honesty, I'd pick Little Caesar's over Papa John's any day. I just think it's delicious- and CHEEEEEAP to boot, so even better!! (Also, I think many of the people that turn up their noses at Little Caesar's haven't actually tried it in the last decade...don't knock it til you try it, folks!) But anyway. Normal love aside, when I saw this SOFT PRETZEL CRUST (which I feel really needs to be written in all-caps because IT IS A CRUST MADE OUT OF SOFT PRETZELS), I knew I needed to try it immediately.

It lived up to all of my expectations and then some. YUUUUUMMMMMM. Everyone in the family agreed- best pizza invention ever. Pizza ON A SOFT PRETZEL. God bless America, this is why I love this country. I can be so fat and so happy because THERE IS PIZZA ON A SOFT PRETZEL now.

So there's my weekend recommendation: get thee to a Little Caesar's, give them $6, and be eternally happy with this new and most delightful pizza innovation. Amen.

24 comments:

  1. Millie is getting so big already! That's so awesome that you both got to take time off. Anything on a pretzel sounds good to me. I gave that Wendy's burger a shot...it was good but not fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I love in this post: adorable baby, good hearing test, PRETZEL PIZZA. Sorry, Millie...but that pizza pic totally made my day. I'll totally be giving that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! that pizza looks amazing! And Millie, oh my. She is just breathtaking! I am so happy she passed her hear test, way to go Millie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say what pretzel pizza?? Yum! I guess our Little Caesar's hasn't started that here yet but I will be on the look out! Love every photo of little Millie, she is just precious!! Matt and Millie look so cute ready for her bath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Those baby snapshots will never get old! Always blog about Millie and add more pictures! Also, pretzel crust? Sounds delicious. I might have to break out of the boonies in search of some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now live redicuously close to LC. I feel like I should get a medal or an award of some kind for only having been there 3 times in the past few months!! I could live on their crazy bread for the rest of my life!

    Also, millie blogs=not boring! I love seeing her pics and hearing about your life as a new momma! keep them coming I say!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Millie is having such a fun first few weeks of life - she is going to be sorely disappointed when the excitement dies down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt wearing the towel brings me to my question of why don't they make hoodie towels for grown ups? Why?
    Pretzel pizza sounds amazing...boo to being gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally I think since you've had to wait 7 years to blog about your baby you get to blog about her for..forever because she's that cute!!!! :) have a great weekend with your family! I'm sitting at the airport dying over that pizza picture...I guess it's a good thing I'm in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this fun post! You can FEEL how much you love her through your word and the picture of you holding her during the hearing test is so sweet. What an amazing Mama you are already! So happy for you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first pic is too cute! And Matt getting her ready for bath. OMG. Totes adorable. Safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto w/ the above comments. You are a momma, loving your life and family. So happy for you & M.
    Glad you are continuing to share your joy of life. This is the bliss we have been praying for you and M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 things I did not know existed:

    1. Baby skinny jeans?!?! Now I hate skinny jeans even more.
    2. Pretzel-crust pizza. YES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't understand how your sweet baby girl continues to up her cute game… but she does!!! I want to kiss those sweet cheeks every time I see her sweet face. Motherhood never suited anyone better, Erika! I want you to know that your little family of three has not left my prayers since I began following your blog years ago. As always, thanks for sharing this journey of hope and love with all of us. Do you have a PO Box or address that items can be shipped to your you and Millie? Or perhaps you could hold an online baby shower. I would love to send you all a few things. Lots of love and hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture of you holding her during her hearing test is melting my heart. So precious.

    And yes - thanks to your insta post the pretzel crusted pizza is on the menu asap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pizza crust is still only $6? I definitely need to head to little caesars!

    I think all of the baby posts are wonderful and definitely not boring, so keep them up! That sounds like a tough car ride but worth it to protect the baby! She is cuter and cuter each time you post pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are so many important things to comment on for this blog: first, we have the same pillows from Target, only mine are teal. Second, that picture of Millie in the jeans is priceless. She is so cute! Those eyes! Those lips! I could die. Also, LittleM failed his hearing test as well in one ear. We had the same thing and yup, he passed with flying colors, just like Millie. More proof that we are blog sisters. And I will never get sick of your "OMG I HAVE A BABY" posts. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad she aced her hearing test- the first of many she'll ace with you and Matt as parents, no doubt ;) And now I want pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Precious. Precious! So glad you have a weekend with the family! Praise Jesus that she passed her hearing test too!! Wahoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Camilla = perfect. And, I love Little Caesar's pizza too! I've never heard anyone else admit it - haha - but I think it's the best cheap pizza out there. I'm going to have to see if ours has the pretzel crust yet. (P.S. Good win yesterday. :( It was a good game at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so natural with her, totally content. So happy for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. millie is just the cutest! and that pizza looks yum, though we dont have any little caesars anywhere near us. i dont even know if we have them anywhere in NJ. booo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That pizza looks amazing! Millie in skinny jeans is adorable! Matt bringing Millie to her bath made me laugh out loud! Best picture ever!!!

    And like someone above said, I will never ever get tired of hearing you write "OMG I have a baby!!!!" posts. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Got the pretzel pizza this evening at your recommendation! (Our LC also threw in some free crazy bread. Win-Win.) It was especially delicious. I may or may not have eaten 3 slices AND crazy bread. Yowzers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.