Saturday, September 18, 2010

SUYL: Living Room

Hello friends, family, and random blog-stalkers! I know it's been awhile since we've chatted, but trust me-- it's better this way. I've saved you from a lot of hearing (reading?) me whine and complain, so you can just thank me for that later. For now-- one of my all time FAVORITE things: Show Us Your Life from Kelly's Korner!

This week's topic is Living Rooms. I remember last year when this was the topic-- we'd either just moved or were about to move-- can't remember which, but I definitely remember that my living room was in NO shape to be photographed! Fortunately, now that we've been here for over a year, the living room is blog-picture-worthy. It's still a work in progress, but all-in-all, I like it a lot. Which is good, since it's our only "living" space...we spend a lot of time here!

Here's the view from the front door. I can probably count on one hand the number of times people have come in through the front door...but it still seemed like a logical place to start photographing. Please observe (and be jealous of) our 1990s era TV. It requires roughly 4 strong men to move...which makes me feel confident it will never be stolen.


The mantel (above) is one thing I'm still not happy with. I am totally bored with the lack of decorations, but just haven't found the right thing yet to spice it up. The door to the left of the TV is our master bedroom (it's blue), and the arched doorway to the left of that is the kitchen! Just so you can get your bearings...


Below you will see the piano. If you're walking in the front door, this is directly to your left, behind the couch. Having the couch right there sort of splits the room into two spaces...so this area in front of the piano feels a little awkward...but I haven't figured out how to fix that, either...and there's NO WAY we're moving the piano. Physically, it's impossible. Although it's on rollers, a few of them are stuck, so it has to be dead-lifted or else it will pull our floors up. Therefore, it will be in precisely this spot until the day we move...which will probably be never!

Now I'm standing in our bedroom doorway looking in. If you look carefully at all of these pictures, you may notice that I've developed an obsession with baskets (or basket-like things, such as the trunk). I'm not sure how this happened, but yardsales have definitely been fueling the fire!


View from the kitchen doorway. The doorway between the bookshelves goes to a small hallway where the other two bedrooms and bathroom are.



And finally, my favorite part of our house, the Lola. She hates the hard floors, so she truly does spend all of her time curled up on furniture rugs. And please don't judge me since it is obvious that this rug has not been recently vacuumed. I've been busy *sigh* lazy. The truth hurts.
So that's the living room. For the most part, I like it. It showcases my favorite colors, green and brown, and my love of books and baskets...and artificial trees (don't hate, it's a Southern thang. Or so I've been told). I'm still trying to work out a few of the awkward kinks to the room...and I'm sometimes overwhelmed with how un-kid-friendly it is, so one day I will have to do something about that...but for now, it suits us just fine.

Head back to Kelly's Korner to join up and feature YOUR living room-- yall know I'm nosy and want a peek!

6 comments:

  1. I love the color of your walls, and the arch too! Very pretty living room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you put the star over the mantel? But then what would you put over the tv?! Oh the dilemmas! Bust out all your fall decor, especially those pilgrims.. they look beautiful watching you on the couch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the arched door way and your floors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wall color! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your living room! i really like the piano corner and the arched doorway! so pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.