Thursday, September 30, 2010

disappearing act

I feel like I've been MIA lately in the blogosphere. Don't worry-- I'm still reading/stalking as much as ever. I just don't feel like I have anything to contribute. And here it is the last day of September and I just can't leave the month with only 5 little blogs...so here's one extra for good measure.

Fall finally showed up this week. It's been very nice enjoying cooler temperatures (and even rain...since it's been so long). I have noticed, however, that with this fall weather has come the realization that I own very few "fall" clothes. I have lots of summer clothes. And lots of winter clothes (sweaters, cords, boots). I have pretty much nothing in between. All week I've been either over or under-dressed. Freezing or sweating. I can't decide if I should go shopping (ummm...in need of funds) or...hope for winter?? No, I just can't do that. Well, I do look forward to the holidays. But not the weather. Oh poor me...those long Georgia winters...how EVER do I stand it?

I did my first round of Clomid (50mg) this week. Sadly, there were not very many entertaining side effects to speak of. Unfortunate, I know. A few hot flashes were about as exciting as it got. And a slightly elevated body temperature (all the time). Yawn. I have a follicle study (ultrasound) on Monday to see how many eggs I'm gonna drop. That's layman's terms, obviously. I haven't decided yet what our deal-or-no-deal point is. You know...how many eggs is TOO many to go ahead with the IUI? I'm sure the doctor will have some guidelines. I guess we'll see.

We're going to Augusta for the weekend. It was a last-minute decision (if by "last minute" you mean "last Monday", which I do). I'm going to help my mom with some wedding stuff and shopping (oh, what strife...to help with shopping...) and hopefully squeeze in some rest and relaxation. And good food. Ooh and the Martinez (my hometown) branch of our gym, which is way fancier and awesomer than the branch we go to out here in the boonies! Did you know that some gyms actually have TVs on EACH CARDIO MACHINE?!?!?!! I know, it blew my mind too.

Well, that's all the news I have. Off to finish packing and watching 30 Rock and doing laundry and paying bills and...bed. Sleep sweet sleep.

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for some twins! Or maybe you could be the new octomom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about you as you go through this round (and praying too!) My doc used to say "I want you pregnant but I don't want to be on the cover of People with you." It's always nice to add a little humor to the infertility adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for success with clomid AND for more blog posts!! I want to hear about your gardening adventures because mine are WEARING ME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.