Today my friend Allison blogged about things that are making her happy. Sometimes I do that, too. Or at least I think about it. I tried to think of some of those things today, but I couldn't. I was too distracted by all the things that are making me frustrated. Nothing huge, just...stuff that's getting on my nerves and making me a little stabby today. I think that if I get it all out, I can move on with my day, right? So here we go.
1. It wasn't supposed to rain today, but it is. UGH. If it's going to rain, I need to mentally prepare myself in advance. So today's cold drizzle is particularly unwelcome and making me sad. GO AWAY, RAIN. This leads to a sub-frustration: I got my toes (and fingers!) done on Saturday and I haven't yet had the chance to show off my toenail polish...it's been too cold to wear open-toed shoes! This is really stupid. I need it to be spring already.
2. Remember the story about the glider and how I was going to finally get my money refunded? Such an uplifting story! Yay! Money!! Yeah, no. Still no check, no word from the guy, nothing. BOOOOOOO. If he was still just going to stiff us, I wish he hadn't gotten our hopes up last month. I'm so over getting my hopes up for nothing.
3. I didn't buy a Mega Millions ticket yesterday. If I had, I probably would have won. The winning numbers are the numbers I PLAY ALL THE TIME (well, all the time that I do play...which is like twice a year). UGH!! I wouldn't have won the whole thing because I would never pick 24. I pick all odd and prime numbers (because they are the best, obviously), and sometimes a 12 (for my birthday). But there's a really good chance I would have had four or five of those, including the mega ball of 7 (I almost always pick that as my mega ball number!). GAAAAHHHHH. So close to being a thousandaire. My favorite prime and odd numbers finally get picked and I'm sitting this one out. Figures. This also leads to a sub-frustration: wasn't it great when Ellison was born on 11/7/13? I thought it was the best thing on earth because ALL THE NUMBERS ARE PRIME and WHAT ARE THE ODDS (haha)?!?!?! It was such a sign that she was meant to be!!! Only, yeah. No. Too bad it'll be three more years til I can have a chance at another all-prime-numbers birthday kid. Or any kid, probably.
4. I went to Ulta yesterday to get the daily steal that I REALLY wanted and they were OUT. That made me sad. I'd been looking forward to getting my Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara for $10 for like two weeks. And then I couldn't. Boo.
5. I was having a really great dream last night. We drove to Cancun (in a minivan?) and it only took us like TWO HOURS to get there-- so great! We had Lola with us and had just gone out to the water and it was so beautiful and warm and perfect. Matt, Lola, and I were having the best time, and THEN A BIRD FELL ON ME from a tree!!! A huge tropical bird. And I totally freaked out in the dream, frantically trying to get it off of me, which led to me actually freaking out and violently thrashing around in real life, in my bed. It woke Matt up and he had to like put me in a restraint hold to calm me down. And then I was awake and re-hating stupid birds. Dream ruiners. Nasty gross creatures. Ugh.
Anyways, obviously nothing here is actually all that important, but I'm sure we can all agree that it's all stupid. Hopefully things go up from here. If any of you happened to purchase one of those winning lottery tickets using my money, I hope you'll share some with me. People who prefer odd numbers really need to stick together.