Friday, July 20, 2012

blogger 411

I came across this "get to know you" link-up and thought I'd participate...since I have Vacation Brain (official diagnosis), I can't make any cohesive thoughts anyway (other than __ MORE HOURS UNTIL VACATION....IN ___ DAYS WE WILL BE DOING ____). So I figured I'd play along here, rather than rubbing it in your faces that my life is about to be so awesome when I am on vacation. Because that would just be rude, wouldn't it? Exactly.

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?I started this blog in February 2008. I had blogs during high school and college (Open Diary and Xanga, what what!), but had been blog-less for a few years. After we'd been married a few months, I decided to get back in the game...ya know, before we started popping out all the kids...or so we thought. I didn't exactly anticipate this becoming a depressing infertility blog, but...it's just how life goes sometimes.
 
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
Yes, I graduated from the University of Georgia in 2005 with degrees in Psychology and Criminal Justice. Good times...useless degrees.
 
3. Where have you traveled?
All over the US (but not California, the Pacific Northwest, or anywhere northeast of Washington, DC); Guatemala (twice); Mexico (3x); the Cayman Islands; Germany; Holland; Belgium.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A good accountant. And a pedicure.
 
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Chronic unpunctuality; consistent misuse of spelling/grammar; failure to "pooper scooper"

6. What is your favorite movie?
Tough question. Love Actually or Moulin Rouge.
 
7. What is your drink of choice?
Usually water, but I do love lemonade, good beer, and fruity mixed drinks.
 
8. What is something you enjoy doing when you have me time?
Blogging, of course! Also- taking care of my plants, reading by the pool, or getting mani-pedis.
 
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Whoa. That's a lot of shopping. If Amazon.com counted as a "store," I would pick that. Otherwise...Target.
 
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past.
In college, some friends and I were talking about different body piercings that people we knew were getting/wanting. One friend was telling about a friend who'd gotten a labret piercing, which is the area right below your bottom lip/above your chin. As the conversation went on, I apparently got a little mixed up with my anatomy terms and started referring to that person's labia piercing. And the person was a boy. And everybody laughed, and I didn't understand why. NOT THE SAME WORD, ERIKA...I still turn red thinking about that! (I wonder what kind of interesting Google searches will bring people to me now that I've used that word?)
 
11. What day would you love to relive again?
The day I met Matt. I wonder if we spoke, what we said, if I had any thought of him, etc. (We met as new co-workers)
 
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Zooey Deschanel, of course! We have the same hair. And she's almost as cute as me. Duh.
 
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Loads and loads of babysitting/nannying; working as a church 'steward' (sort of like evening secretary); private music lessons; research assistant for PhD student with disabilities; church nursery worker; party attendant/manager at Pump it Up
 
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

Elizabeth and I before Georgia-Florida (The World's Largest Cocktail Party) 2004
 15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? Umm...maybe Fiji, or some other really awesome island place. Where I would stay in one of those huts over the water. And dive off my back porch into the clearest, bluest water...
 
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 

Matt and I on the 4th of July
 
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
  With Matt, and for all of our sakes, there'd better be a kid of our own in the picture. I don't really care about anything else.


Well, that was fun...and distracted me from re-folding the clothes in my suitcase for the 300th time, so that's probably a good thing...but now I need to get back to my regularly-scheduled FREAKING OUT ABOUT ALMOST BEING ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!! So we'll have to chat later. Bye!

6 comments:

  1. i would totally choose Fiji Turtle Island. It's only like a bazillion dollars a day and requires a 10 yr in advance reservation!! i requested a dvd of the place when we were figuring out where to go on our honeymoon. . . ha. . . not sure why brandon was so hesitant!! i mean, where else do you get your own private island??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have talked about this before, but Love Actually is one of my all time favorites as well! Also, I want to go on your vacation. Also, I want to eat that ice cream you and Matt are eating. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, as usual, I would like to ditto everything Amanda said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Chaco's from the college picture. I have those same pair, and I lived it them throughout my years at UT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you want to re-live the day you met Matt. I wouldn't want to re-live the day I met Ryan (we lost to S. Carolina and he wasn't that impressed with me). But there are definitely some days that I would want to see again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should have a countdown to vacation going on your blog. Like a countdown clock!

    And I love Love Actually. I could watch it over and over. Okay, I HAVE watched it over and over.

    I love your answer to which day you would want to re-live. I don't even remember when I first met my husband so maybe I should go back to that day too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.