Sunday, December 23, 2012

friday was a great day

Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's Sunday night now and Friday was like so long ago, but it was a truly great day and I think you should know why.

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is pretty dang exciting when you've been looking for a job as long as I have. Nothing against my current job-- it's just that it's a grant-funded position and the grant is ending. Which means my job is too. Which means that if I would like to continue paying the mortgage, eating, etc., I needed to find a new job. Which is not actually all that easy in the city I live in. But anyway.

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!

And not just any old job-- because at this late date, I seriously am in "settle" mode. I would have taken just about anything. But this is a job I am really really super insanely excited about. A job that I think I am going to love. A job in the private sector!!! A job in a building that shares parking lots with Matt's job, meaning our carpooling is officially going to the next level!!

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say I have been on cloud nine since then would be understating it. I am SO HAPPY to have something finally (FINALLY!!!) go "right" in my life. To get a job that will allow me to use my personal strengths (organization! planning! Excel spreadsheets! creativity!) AND...let's face it...pay me accordingly? I am about to die of happiness.

So Friday was a great day. After I left work, I decided to just pop by Target and see if there were any cute clothes on sale, because obviously I need new clothes for a new job. Somehow I forgot that Friday was the Friday before Christmas and there is no such thing as just 'popping by' Target on such a day as that. Oops. So fifteen hours and eleven broken limbs later (just kidding, it wasn't really that bad...) I made it to the dressing room with two pair of pants and one dress and ALL OF THEM FIT!!! I kid you not. Has this ever in the history of mankind happened? I guessed the right sizes the FIRST TIME? And all three things were on sale! And then later Friday night my friend Catherine gave me this aammmmaaaaazing birthday present that was a collaborative effort between lots of family and friends-- when I have ready access to my scanner, I'm going to share the gift in great detail. You're going to love it. Slash think I'm the weirdest person ever.

I kid you not. My thirties are off to an amazing start. 

And now we're back in my hometown visiting my family for awhile. It's been wonderful hanging out, excitedly discussing the new job (I promise I'll give more details later, since I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat...), eating, watching football, and catching up with friends and family. And I've been working on using my woodburner on some new ornaments! Good times.

Anyway. Hope Christmas Eve finds you all well and happy and spending time with those you love!

PS. I got a new job!!!!!

17 comments:

  1. YAY!!! How exciting! So there are jobs to be had in Athens!?!? Great news! Congratulations! That's Awesome! Hope this fabulous start to 30 means even better things are still to come.

    Hope you enjoy your stay down in Augusta with family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job!! Smart company hiring you - they'll be lucky to have you! And now your and Matt's buildings share a parking lot?! That sounds great! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!! That sounds super-exciting and I can't wait to hear more details. And I'm also curious about this birthday gift...?!?!

    Merry Christmas! Happy Celebrating everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I hope this is a start to some exciting things in your 30's!!! I bet you're gonna rock those new pants and dress at your new gig!
    Have an amazing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I feel like an awesome friend, because I didn't even realize you were looking... but regardless, I'm really happy for you! Hope it's a sign that 2013 is going to be a fab year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Can't wait to hear all the details! What was your grant funded position??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been so happy/excited every time I thought about you since Friday! I also went ahead and told Hudson that he's going to see you at school sometimes since you'll be working "near coach Rusty" now. He seemed pretty confused/excited about the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you! Congrats on the job and can't wait to hear more about it! Yea for good things coming your way in this new decade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting about the Target success- congrats!! Oh, and congrats on the new job too :) Can't wait to see what fun you have with the wonderful world of Excel. And with better pay :)

    Hoping this is just the start of a wonderful new year for you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! I want to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new job! Any place would be lucky to have you, what with all your mad archery skills and Excel knowledge. Hooray for a new season beginning in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so freaking stoked for you and the job. I've had the biggest stupid smile on my face every time I thought about it. Yay for clothes that fit at target too! That is almost as miraculous as finding a good job in Athens! Kidding, kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! clothes looking cute,fitting on the first try AND a new job. Definitely a sign of great things to come in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! So excited and happy for you!!!! What a fantastic start to 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.