Sorry for being the crappiest blogger ever, but I cannot think of a single topic worth dedicating an entire blog to talking about. Therefore you get yet another random conglomeration of thoughts. And I don't really think I used the word 'conglomeration' correctly, but at least I spelled it right, so do I get half credit?
1. I happened to be looking at the 'topics I frequent' on my side bar and noticed that I have more blogs categorized as 'politics' than I do 'Hunger Games.' That is simply tragic, people. For like 3 years I remember the 'politics' category had only 2 things in it! What has happened to me?
2. The rest of the work week has been a great improvement over Monday. And I've been able to sleep at night. So yay.
3. I have written only two Christmas/birthday thank you cards. Etiquette fail. And I've only mailed one of them. Ugh. How late is too late for thank you cards?
4. Last night I was being really obnoxious to Matt (or "causing drama" as he calls it)-- you know, stupid things like repeatedly 'jagging' him with a jaggy fingernail...poking him...whatever. Stupid stuff like that. In his faux-anger he called me the worst thing he could think of: BAND-AID BREATH. Yeah. A grown-ass man just tried to insult me by calling me band-aid breath. I didn't even bother trying to contain my tears-caused-by-excessive-laughter.
5. Speaking of irrational fears, somehow two of my new co-workers (ones I'll be working extremely closely with) have already unearthed my two greatest (birds and hotels, duh). I have heard them evilly plotting ways to force me to confront these fears. Wonderful!!
6. I need some suggestions of things to blog about. Obviously writing lists for the rest of my life isn't gonna cut it. Help a sister out. How do yall feel about the 'questions' posts? You know, where a blogger says "ask me anything you want to know about me/life/whatever and I'll answer it!" and then people ask all sorts of crazy awesome questions and she answers them? I think they're fun-- but only when people PARTICIPATE! Otherwise it's like...radio static...awkward...anyway. Thoughts? Suggestions?
7. In regards to the Bird Food Diet-- here's my experience so far with the various food groups I'm eliminating. It's been surprisingly painless/easy to give up dairy, meat, eggs, soy, and refined sugar. But going gluten free? HARD. It definitely requires the most thought and planning and alternative thinking (like if you can't use bread, tortillas (corn tortillas are gross and not an acceptable option), or crackers...what exactly is going to be the carrier for this awesome chickpea salad?) That's when it's pretty handy to remember that I'm not being super hardcore about this whole thing. Ha. So I pick a tortilla because it's thin and probably has less gluten than bread, right? Right. Also helping this whole experiment is the fact that I do not attempt to stick to the plan for any social meals. Ha. Which means that dinner with friends, dinner with family, dinner with family again, lunch with friend, Bachelor with friends...all of those have involved eating whatever I want with no guilt whatsoever. So maybe the conclusion here is that you can do ANYTHING as long as you can cheat whenever you want. Isn't that motivating?
8. There's going to be an Ulta opening up in Athens in the fall!!! Wooo!! I'm a little bitter that it's not a Sephora, but I'll take whatever I can get.
9. There's a infinitesimal chance of snow here tomorrow, so naturally everyone's losing their minds. Since I'm not eating bread or milk, I don't know what to rush to the store to get...but I hate to be left out of that great Southern Tradition.
10. Do yall like stories about scorpions? I have two great personal stories about scorpions. I think I'll tell them sometime. Get excited!
11. A few weeks ago we replaced our thermostat with a new (programmable!!) one. Did you know that all thermostats don't take up the same 'footprint' and that you should take that into account when painting? Yeah, us either.