Saturday, September 13, 2014

alive and kickin'

Um, wow. I'm such a reliable blogger these days! I hope you aren't still trying to set your clocks by my prompt 9:00 a.m.-every-work-day posts...or your schedule is probably pretty messed up. My bad.

We've had a super fantastic week- the kind that is so good, I'm too busy enjoying it to document it much. I really can't complain. But I do feel bad about falling behind on emails, blog reading and commenting, and so forth. Maybe I'll catch up one day. Okay, enough excuses!!

This week my bestie Kristina came and visited!! She lives all the way in Jacksonville, FL, so I never get to see her enough- but babies bring visitors! She left her kids with her in-laws (and her husband on a work trip) and came for three uninterrupted days of baby snuggling, late-night chats (and HGTV marathons), and lots of good eating. Oh, and shopping. And picture taking!!! Stine is a talented photographer (if you live in JAX you should definitely hire her!) and she spent our days making sure Millie's life is being documented with something other than my iPhone. We had 'real' photo shoots as well as 'real life' unscheduled shoots...the kind where she sees the Matt, Millie, and me snuggling in bed in our PJs and just comes in and starts snapping away. And then crawls in bed with us for even better shots. That's when it's convenient that your photographer is also your best friend and that it isn't weird for her to climb in bed with you and your family. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those pictures yet. So you'll have to wait with bated breath to find out exactly how sexy I am when I wake up in the morning and someone starts taking pictures. Try to contain your excitement. We did take some pictures today in our game day attire, though!! Millie's wardrobe this week is a significant improvement over her first game...I was excited about it all week!!


Man, I sure do find amazing backdrops for pictures...the side of my front porch is breathtaking, right?

Gooooo Dawgs!!


The selfie isn't great, but I was trying to get a close-up of Millie's cute outfit. The dress was a clearance rack find at Old Navy! I think it is ultra fabulous.

We have a big couple of days coming up- tomorrow Millie will be dedicated at church (our equivalent of baptism/christening) and Monday morning is something even MORE exciting...can you guess what?? Ha. Thus this Saturday evening blog...the events of the next two days will require posts all unto themselves! (I feel like the grammar there is atrocious. I apologize.)

Have a happy rest-of-the-weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Your bestie is super adorable!!! So happy you got to spend some time together!
    Yay for a fun two days ahead. Millie is a busy girl. Monday will be a very exciting and emotional day for your family. I cannot wait to hear all about it. Oh and it's my birthday...so it's an even better day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the official pictures! And way to be on the game as far as dedication goes...we haven't even thought about it yet! You guys are super parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the pics!! Also, my pal Colleen told me she emailed you about the UGA baby clothes - hope you took her up on the offer?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about being a bad blogger, I am being a bad blog reader and commenter, and I don't have as cute an excuse as you do! Also, I'm guessing Monday is the day that Camilla is changing her name to match with yours!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo exited to see those pictures and looking forward to your upcoming posts!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. So maybe I can be your backup BFF because my name is Kristina (spelled the same way) and I live in Jax! or, maybe I should be Kristina's best friend. ;). Can you post a link to her photog website? Jax inquiring minds would like to know, ha! Y'all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy dedication morning to Miss Mille! How fun! Hope you guys have a fabulous end to the weekend (does you weekend ever end these days?) and a VERY exciting Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am eager to see the pictures! We never did family pics with either of our girls as newborns. I regret that!! Anyways, I am thinking about doing some when Camille turns one year. Glad you got time with your bestie & cannot wait to hear what the next post entails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erika! I BOUGHT THAT EXACT SAME DRESS ON CLEARANCE TOO! haha!!! LOVE! I loved it. I had to buy it (yes I often buy baby clothes). I was there on Saturday - cha-ching - I often forget how amazing Old Navy is and then when I go I remember! I got 22 items for $65!!!!! Love Love. Ok, enough about Old Navy - so glad you had a weekend with your friend and can.not.wait to see all the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited that you have this excuse to slack at blogging - best excuse ever! But totally rude to keep us hanging like that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited to see her pictures of y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.