Monday, September 8, 2014

currently...maternity leave ed.

I have basically all the time in the world these days...and no motivation to do anything productive with it. Except cuddle my baby. And spend four hours a day at Target. ????

Anyway, how about a fresh currently? Yeah? Great!

Listening...to Millie make her dolphin noises, of course. And the getting-old-quickly tune (well, one of five...I guess that's something?) that her swing plays. She's not in the swing, we just forgot to turn the music off, and don't nobody have the energy to walk 11 feet into the nursery and take care of that...

Eating...nothing at this exact moment, BUT I actually cooked dinner tonight!!! Amazing!! After a month, our meals-provided-by-other-people train has nearly run out (I think we have one freezer meal left we're saving for an emergency situation or something, ha)...and we actually felt ambitious enough to shop for and prepare A MEAL!!! In the crock pot. It felt like an inordinately huge achievement (two capable adults...ALL DAY WITH NOTHING TO DO...and look, we managed to throw some stuff in a pot and call it dinner!!! GOLD STARS ALL AROUND!). Anyway, we made these Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls and they were delicious! And as a bonus, there are enough leftovers for like 4 more meals, so...I won't be obligated to do a cooking encore performance for at least a few more days. Whew.

Drinking...again, nothing at the moment. But I might get a glass of water soon. Exciting stuff.

Wearing...gray running shorts and a purple tank top. My maternity leave uniform. Don't worry, sometimes I wear different running shorts and a different tank top! I'm all about mixing and matching this fabulous wardrobe!!

Feeling...happy. I'm watching Bach in Paradise, watching my husband snuggle with my baby...life is good. And as soon as I'm done typing this blog, it'll be MY turn to snuggle. Like this:

Weather...really nice! It was rainy and cloudy and much cooler (low 80s) today...we went on two walks!

Wanting...ya know, I really wouldn't turn down a hot fudge and caramel sundae from Sonic right now. Anyone? No? Boo.

Needing...not a whole lot. I seriously have everything I've ever wanted (minus the aforementioned sundae, of course) and thinking about wanting or needing anything else feels petty. Sure, I wouldn't turn down a raise or a bigger car, but in light of what I have? I don't need a thing. I am incredibly blissfully content.

Thinking...about how happy I am I didn't have to meet my husband on a reality dating show. Ha. Not that it isn't great entertainment, but dang. Save the drama for yo mama.

Enjoying...we just started watching Sherlock the other night!! I seriously didn't think I'd really like it (I'm ashamed to admit I don't usually like British/BBC shows. Or actually, maybe it's just that I don't really try them in the first place.) but I am very glad to have been wrong about that! We love it, and one of my favorite things about it is that I feel like it's one of the few non-"guilty pleasure" shows I watch. Ha. I feel like I should be ashamed of most of the shows I watch (*ahem*reality dating shows...), but Sherlock is like legitimately GOOD! Great plot!! Not gory! Not full of bad language or anything else objectionable! Witty! You could watch it with your grandma, your preacher, or your kid (well...young kids would be bored, probably)! Yaaay Sherlock!

Well, time to turn my full attention back to my less-quality TV program...sorry for the lack of baby pictures, I'll try to do better soon.

OH! One last thing (also, a commercial break...)! So our crib finally came in last week!! Yaaaaaayyyyyy!! It's set up, it's fabulous (you may have caught a glimpse of it on Instagram last week), and you know I'm chomping at the bit to do a 'nursery reveal' post. BUT. Although all the major pieces are accounted for now, the room probably won't be really 'done' for another month...I still have showers and will most likely/hopefully get more of the finishing touches I want for the room (lamps, wall art, etc.). I'm dying to share it now, but I also really want it to be 'done' when I show it. So this is my huge and life-altering conundrum of the moment. To share now or to wait? You can weigh in if you care. :) Have a great night!

22 comments:

  1. YEA! So happy you have discovered the of Sherlock. I want more tv like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the nursery! Can't wait to see how many owls are in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do an in progress nursery post. Then do a before and after post later! Boom.

    My maternity leave uniform is.black Nike pants/capris and a "vintage" shirt from the gap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SO PROUD the first time I cooked dinner after the babies too. I texted everyone in my family I instagrammed it with the hashtags #momoftwins. The whole nine. So I am right there with you girl. It's an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maternity leave equals best time of my life times two!!! I can close my eyes and almost be back to those days when my boys were teeny tiny babies. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop looking so cute with that baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE reading these happy posts :) Can't wait to see the nursery (and more of that beautiful baby, obviously!)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture makes me want to go grab both of my children and shrink them back to newborn size and force them to nap on my chest. I'll let you know if I can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say do a before and after for your nursery reveal. Pics now and pics later :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. A- THIS: "I am incredibly blissfully content." This makes me SO HAPPY!

    B- Sherlock... Love it! But I'm a HUGE fan of BBC shows. My biggest frustration with Sherlock is that there are only like three episodes every two years. What??? So annoying.

    C-I'm with Aubrey. Now AND later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherlock is awesome!!! I'm glad you're enjoying your maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! Love that picture of you two! Yay for your new crib!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I miss having a snuggly baby! Now he's just so dang squiggly...and doesn't exactly fit in that nice little baby ball curled up on my chest. :-/ It sounds like I really do need to get over there ASAP so I can at least contribute a meal to your freezer. Can't have you guys going hungry!! And, well, if I happen to steal some of those sweet baby snuggles while I'm there...I suppose there are worse things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only one baby picture?!?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you everything you have ever wanted right now, what a blessing! That photo is so cute, she looks so cuddly!
    You mentioned not having to meet your husband on a reality dating show however I did take notice of Matt's "Bachelor" v-neck shirts :) haha Go Matt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. just wait til you get to season 2! don't watch with grandma. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sherlock is so good! My cousin got me hooked on it! I'm only on season one, but that's not saying much since there's like three episodes a season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A. I love all the baby stuff and dolphin noises. B. Oh my gosh, Bachelor in Paradise?? I've watched the whole season and it's been entertaining but obviously incredibly dumb. I couldn't believe last night?!? The plot of the show was kind of stupid (no prize) and the Michele and Cody thing was too goofy for me...BUT I did watch it till the end AND was sad to hear Bachelor Nation has to wait till January for our next go-around. I'll have to check out Sherlock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely no better feeling in the world than a baby napping on your chest. Keep doing absolutely nothing but holding that baby, because it'll be gone all too soon. They grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great update :-) SO glad you're liking Sherlock! One of my fave shows and got me through my maternity leave, too. Not mention Ben C. is soooo pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I mean! I don't know you at all but the fact that you are so blissfully happy makes me smile so big! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Show the nursery now and after. I want to see more pictures!!!

    And this is such a great update. I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.