Wednesday, September 24, 2014

what we're wearing wednesday

It occurred to me the other day that sometimes being terrible at laundry can really pay off.

A few years ago we bought Matt this flannel 'lumberjack shirt.' It was awesome. He wore it approximately once, and then I shrunk it in the wash (or dryer, who knows). It was tragic. But we couldn't bring ourselves to get rid of it because hello, new shirt. So we tossed it in the back of the closet filed it away for the future wherein Matt became significantly smaller- a good round of the flu, perhaps? That also somehow shortened his arms? Maybe.

But lo and behold, all of the sudden it's fall 2014 and suddenly I'm seeing these shirts EVERYWHERE for women! And they're calling it 'buffalo plaid' or something, and suddenly I think hey, I have a shrunken man shirt just like that somewhere!!

And voila- yesterday's unfortunately laundry incident is today's semi-fashionable oversized buffalo plaid shirt!


Not gonna lie- I was (am!) pretty proud of pulling all this together. It's a stark contrast from the yoga pants and college t-shirts I've been rocking the last few days.

Don't mind the angelic glow that radiates from my face. Or my terrible photography in general.
But let's be serious- none of you care what I'm wearing. Let's take a look at the nuglet's ensemble today, shall we?


I'm not normally a huge fan of message/statement tees, but you know I couldn't pass this one up.

'miracle baby' tee from this etsy shop

My miracle indeed.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, how I want to pinch those cheeks! I guess I will have to go find my own baby to cheek pinch (although shes too old to like it :( ) Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You both are adorable.
    2. I love Miilie's bemused expression. She always has a look on her face that says she is vaguely aware that she is a superstar.
    3. I am slightly jealous that a laundry incident could render one of Matt's shirts salvageable for you. Last night I put on one of Josh's hooded sweatshirts to let the dog out, and came down past my knees. I looked much more freak than chic. Short girl problems, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop. That's the cutest thing ever. Miracle Baby T PLUS baby moccs... I die.

    P.S. You're pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear she gets cuter every time. Love how you are rocking the flannel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not big on message shirts either, but where did you get that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etsy!! https://www.etsy.com/listing/177495582/m-i-r-a-c-l-e-b-a-b-y-t-e-e-neon-pink?ref=shop_home_active_2

      Delete
  6. And... now I'm crying. Look at her shirt! Look at how beautiful she is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you think moms lived sadder lives in the days before baby jeggings were created? I'm thinking yes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you glad you didn't toss the shirt before? And her shirt.... precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how sometimes if you keep something long enough that style some how comes back around! haha But this is really good because flannel is the IT thing right now! As always, super cutie pie baby you got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flannel plaid shirts on sale at Bass Pro Shop until October 2nd...just so you know. Not sure I could pull it off, but you're rocking the new trend! Also, if ever there was a message tee that was meant to be, I'm pretty sure you found it. Perfection! Both the tee and that cutie wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking a bad case of Ebola, but that's way more tragic! It was in Georgia, you know.
    Millsie's tee is most appropriate! She wears it well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty sure I would look too manly in a flannel shirt, but you've made it feminine and fashionable. And your "nuglet" looks adorable in her Miracle Baby shirt! Going to check out the etsy shop now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you just rest her on your lap all day and stare at her? Seems really easy to let the whole day go by and just do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She IS a miracle!!! So cute! Sometimes I look at my son and think do you even KNOW how much we love you?! Like seriously love isn't even a strong enough word, it's like indescribable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So what did you do with your fashionable self? I hope you at least went somewhere fun before Millie got too enthusiastic with her eating :) And also, how long do you think is too long to rock the yoga pants/t-shirt combo? Rachel is not yet three and a half (years), so I'm hoping I still get a free pass! Ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.