Tuesday, July 9, 2013

the time i got mistaken for a really hot celebrity

Yesterday morning I got the most delightful email from Matt.



Oh I'm sorry, did you catch that??




We will forgive the egregious butchering of the spelling of Zooey's name and focus on the positive here, people.

SOME RANDOM PERSON THOUGHT I WAS ZOOEY DESCHANEL! Was that not basically my life goal the point of this haircut?

Because you care, here's the picture that the wonderfully discerning gentleman saw on Matt's phone screen.


I think I'm going to send a pie for him or something. People of such obvious intelligence and insight should be rewarded for their wisdom, right?

A side-by-side of me and my doppleganger:

source of Zooey picture


If you happened to see me with a stupid smile on my face yesterday, now you know why. A heap of blessings upon the head of Matt's brilliant coworker...and Matt for having the good sense to notify me immediately. Obviously he knows what puts me in a happy mood. ;)

I tried to think of something witty or self-deprecating to finish off and tone down this otherwise horribly vain post, but other than the topic at hand, the only thing I can think about is how I have two huge ant bites on my left big toe and they itch really bad. So since no one wants to hear about that, I'm gonna bid you adieu and hope that something this happy happens to YOU today. 

Anyone have any good 'I got mistaken for this really hot celebrity' (ohhhh OR a really NOT hot or notorious or something?) stories? Feel free to make one up if you don't! No shame in that game.

24 comments:

  1. Ooo, I think that's pretty high praise! Zooey is AWESOME (and beautiful)!

    I think people associate "look alikes" with hair and hair only... there was a season of life when I had really long hair and just about every week someone would say I looked like Sandra Bullock... I cut my hair, and no one says a word.

    I was also told more than once that I looked like Milla Jovovich... except no ever says "you look like Milla Jovovich" they say "you know that movie with Bruce Willis and the girl with orange hair? well, you look just like her." Thanks? So maybe my argument is faulty... I've never had orange hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this post! You are so funny and beautiful and JUST like Z.D.
    That's a good husband you have; and, yes, clearly a pie is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once told me I looked like Darcy from Roseanne. That was fun. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha wow, y'all do look a lot alike, crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole post just makes me smile!

    Also, in 3rd grade this girl said I looked like Snow White, so that has to count for something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is for sure better than most of the peeps I have gotten compared to... ie: Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family.

    Also, I like how Matt starts his email off to you so formally! Like, "Good morning, this is your husband. I am sending you an email. Sincerely, Matthew"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see it in the eyes and the bangs. Yay! One time I did a celebrity doppleganger thing on the internet and it said I looked like Nick Nolte. then I did my husband and it said he was Naomi Campbell. Boo. i'd much rather be Zooey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally see it, that's awesome!! I like to pretend I look like Jennifer Aniston even though I don't, does that count too if I WANT to look like someone? haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! You DO look like her. My students once told me that a photo of my husband and me looked like Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon in Four Christmases, so of course I was over the moon for days! Not sure how I feel about him being compared to Vince, though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Zooey but I have to tell you...you've got her beat on the pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I don't think I've ever gotten compared to someone awesome like Zooey. It would make my day, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You do look like Zooey! Pretty pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm practically BFF's with Zooey D. now :) I showed Andrew the picture of you and he did a double take. And he had lasik done. That haircut is a winner! I get compared to Amy Adams from Enchanted. People always specify "the girl from enchanted" which is better than "the girl from Julie and Julia" because even though both are Amy Adams the latter has bad hair. When I have bangs my student call me Katy Perry... which is a way less awesome version of Zooey Dechanel. So kudos to you for bypassing the Katy Perry resemblance and going straight to the source.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WaHooo!! Cute trendy look [check].
    \Talk abt a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!!!!! You look JUST like Zooey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely think you look like her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I love how you write. So fun! You SHOULD send him a pie. I am sure he would think that's funny. You DO look like her! The side-by-side pics, bigtime!

    I get Reese Witherspoon a lot. I am okay with that! :) Although i am like 3 of her... :o/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can totally see it! A few times during my senior year of high school, people said I had the same voice of Kathy Griffith. NOT a compliment!! Thankfully I haven't heard that comparison since...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bam! It really is a great haircut!

    I was never mistaken for a celeb in appearance, but I do have the same first and last name of a very hot notorious bachelor's recent girlfriend. It was fun while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you have better hair than Zooey. Also, every time I read the comments, Amanda's about Matt's formal e-mail makes me laugh a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have had several people tell me I look like the main actress off Drop Dead Fred. Awesome right????? :)

    And I agree with commenter above - your hair is way better than Zooey's!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with the coworker! I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the "life goal" thing! Haha! And yes, you TOTALLY look like her!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.