Friday, February 15, 2013

booked

So how was your Day of Love? Mine was pretty fantastic, filled with sugar-laden treats with a side of gluten. In other words: perfection. And that was just at work. Then we went to our small group and some friends from Bosnia brought homemade Bosnian food and DUDE it was good. Really good. Maybe my next vacation will be to Bosnia.

OH WAIT. But then we came home from group and booked our next vacation. And it's not to Bosnia. Not this time. The clear blue waters of the Caribbean harken to me and I must heed their cry. (I should seriously consider going into poetry, no?)

Is there a happier computer screen than one proclaiming that you've booked a vacation? I submit that there is not.


You see that down there at the bottom right? SIX nights, buddy. That's right. Last year we only stayed for five. This year, six. Bigger and better things. Interesting fact: Despite staying for an entire extra day/night, the cost of the package is less than $30 more than what we paid last year. Same resort, same airline, same everything. So now I feel like I'm really getting a great deal. Actually it's probably because we're flying on oddball weekdays or something explainable like that. Or it's because the Caribbean loves me. Either way.

Okay. Enough about my amazing vacation. The true question for today is this: What the heck is the Harlem shake and why are there suddenly a zillion different versions of it this week? What did I miss? I mean, if you Youtube it there are like all these different videos, but none of it really explains to me why it's suddenly blowing up everywhere lately? What tipped it? Why the strange costumes? Matt and I consulted Wikipedia and discovered that the original dance originated in 1981, which is great, but doesn't explain why I've never heard of it til 2013 and suddenly I've heard of it fifty times a day. So, if you care to enlighten a sister...then do it.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for booking! Is Cancun really only a two hour flight from you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you don't want to go on a Carnival cruise instead? I bet they're really cheap these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA to Amanda's comment! But for real, YAY FOR VACATION! You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so lost by the whole Harlem shake madness. Today show had a whole Vday segment yesterday where all the crew busted out in the shake. What?

    Anyways, Yay for vacation!! We are looking to go somewhere in May or June and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can look up the Harlem Shake (2013 Internet fad) wiki page for more info. It's something like that. I did that a few days ago. It's just a silly fad thing going around for the last few weeks that apparently hit a tipping point about a week ago. Not much point except fun and silliness and a goal of Internet fame. But if you watch a few, you should make a point to see the UGA swimming and diving one. It's my favorite by far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for vacations!!!

    And I've never heard of The Harlem Shake. When you first mentioned it I thought you might be talking about some FD smoothie or something. Oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it weird that I'M excited for your vacation?! Sounds wonderful. And the Harlem Shake...just an excuse for people to make weird youtube videos for a couple weeks. Last summer my employees at work (all college kids)were telling me about "The Bernie" and how that's what all the cool kids were doing out at the bars....think Weekend At Bernie's and look it up. I almost peed laughing when they all started doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you ARE ready to check out Bosnia, I also HIGHLY recommend Dubrovnik, Croatia- on the coast of the Adriatic! SO BEAUTIFUL! I spent a summer in Sarajevo (college mission trip) with a couple weekend trips to the coast. Although I've never made it to the Carribean, I would imagine it's "just" as nice. Not sure if there are any all-inclusive resorts though. But the food, drinks, beaches, water, history- all amazing! I can't wait to go back someday!
    And I've never heard of this Harlem Shake thing you speak of? Sorry, I'm no help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Cancun!!!! I will be there soon myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I am so jealous. That sounds like an incredible vacation.

    I haven't heard of that dance either. Fad, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vacation confirmation pages are amazing!!!!

    Bosnian food. Hmm... I wouldn't even know where to start. My adventure ends with Asian food and Mexican. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.