Wednesday, February 13, 2013

eleven things you did not know


First of all, I would like to make a public request of the rain to PLEASE GO AWAY. Come again another day, like in the summer when I'm tired of spending an hour every night watering my plants. Come back that day. I'm over you today.
I'm over this being my uniform. Also, look at me boldly flaunting my non-Hunter rain boots. Uncharted blogger territory, I feel. These are more the fall 2009 Target collection. Very avant-garde, no?

Last night I came across a fun little questions game on Macey's blog. I wasn't necessarily out shopping for blog-fodder, but when something quality presented itself, who was I to say no? Since I found myself trying to answer all these questions in my head, I figured I may as well do it here, too.  

Without further adieu, here are eleven random questions. Enlighten yourself.

  1. What is your middle name?  Is it random, or a family name? Renee. I guess it's random...I've never heard any stories about where it came from, just that my parents liked it. I believe their second choice middle name was going to be Nicole. Erika Renee vs. Erika Nicole. I think they made the right choice. Plus, my grandmother has always called me Erika Nay (because that's apparently what I called myself when I was 2 or something) and I like that, so...Renee for the win.
  2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I have a million awesome memories, but some of my favorites have to be the loooooong drives my family took every summer to visit our family in Texas. It was a thousand miles (one-way!) in the back of the van with my siblings, and we had the most ridiculous conversations/fights/wars...I could tell stories for days. Suffice it to say that being the oldest child of the predominant gender (3 siblings, 2 girls) is DEFINITELY the way to go. It was always either the oldest two versus the youngest, or girls against boys...and I was always in the winning camp. I don't know why Jake and Sarah never thought to gang up on ME...probably because I was awesome.
  3. If you had to eat the same 3 meals everyday for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Oh man. This is tough. Sorry Bird Food Diet, I think you're gonna get left out. Breakfast: waffles, bacon, fruit salad, bacon, cheese danish, and bacon. With coffee. Lunch: Pizza and salad, with those cheap chocolate-covered gas station donuts for dessert. Dinner: Chips & guac, tamales, tacos, refried beans, chimichangas, and cotton candy. Don't judge me, I really love food.
  4. What has been your proudest accomplishment? I really don't know...but I regularly pat myself on the back for not (yet) having kidnapped any babies or murdered any insensitive people.
  5. What are you most looking forward to in the year 2013? Going back to the Caribbean, duh.
  6. If you won the lottery, who is the first person you would call or text? Let's assume Matt already knows. Probably my dad, definitely via a phone call. I'm not much of a phone-talker, but winning the lottery calls for that personal touch!
  7. What is your favorite color, and do you have many items that you own in that color? I have struggled with this question my whole life. I really love, like...every color. I own the most things (clothes & decor, let's say) in blue, green, and mustard yellow, and gray.
  8. What is you favorite social media site? Probably the ol' classic Facebook. Unless blogs (all lumped together as one) can count. Then I'd pick blogs.
  9. If you had the opportunity to speak with your favorite celebrity, what would you tell them? "Hi." ??? This question would be better if I could think of a 'favorite celebrity' off the bat.
  10. What is your favorite book/movie/song of all time? THIS IS TORTURE. Book: East of Eden or Les Miserables, or maybe The Ragamuffin Gospel or Redeeming Love. Movie: Moulin Rouge, Love Actually, Life is Beautiful, Spanglish, Les Miserables, the Princess Bride...Song: I Dreamed a Dream (duh, Les Mis), A Case of You (Diana Krall), Hallelujah (Rufus Wainwright version), How He Loves (John Mark McMillan)
  11. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you choose? Someone in childbirth. Sounds dumb, but it gets really old NEVER being able to participate in the labor and delivery battle stories that I frequently find myself sitting through. It'd be nice to be able to do something other than nod and smile.
Well that was a party and a half, huh?! Thanks again to Macey for coming up with fun questions...if you're bored and so inspired, feel free to answer them yourself! Guaranteed to provide entertainment for you and me both!

13 comments:

  1. Now I know where your twitter name comes from, Erikanay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Aubrey. Also I may do this questionnaire but leave out number 10 because "HOW CAN I CHOOSE???" And now I know one of the reasons I like you so much is because you have excellent taste in books, movies and music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, the rain!!! I have a dog who won't go out in the rain (oh, and is also not totally potty trained.). EXCELLENT. Love those rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just may copy this, so thanks for the blog inspiration! Also, I'd love to see what you looked like if you really did follow #3...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally with you on the tamales and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will give you a pat on the back for #4, too! Also, definitely got a laugh out of the Hunter rain boots comment. You are rocking your NON-OVERPRICED RAIN BOOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your food choices-I would second each and every one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty sure pizza would be in my 3 meals too. Some really fatty kind... like mac n cheese pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee is beautiful, but I'm the teensiest bit disappointed your middle name isn't actually Nay. It was so original :) And I'm adding all those books to my must-read list, but can Les Mis count as three? It's soooo long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for playing along! So much fun to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love posts like this because I am nosy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, man. I don't love the rain. I DO love every single thing you picked in your meal choices. And i feel the same way - i love every color. Ha! I mean, if i did this, i could really just copy & paste some of your answers, no?

    I frequently find myself in the same labor & delivery horror stories, or breast-feeding ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your answers on #3 are AMAZING. thank you for being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.