Friday, May 2, 2014

the best of the internet

I didn't feel like I had many interesting things to chat about this week. But that's okay. The rest of the internet stepped up to fill the void.

Here are a few of my favorite internet reads this week:

Most Adorable:

Four-Year-Old Reviews Plum Restaurant (With Her Face)


This webpage apparently has a series based on four-year-olds reviewing high-end fancy restaurants (and other things) with their faces and questions and commentary. For someone that loves four-year-olds and hates fancy food...it's the best thing ever. This post had Matt and I nearly in tears (good tears....the kind that come from laughing too hard!).

********

Most Nerdy and Affirming:

I Won't Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here's Why.


Don't you sometimes just like reading something that feels like a virtual pat on the back? That affirms what you've always believed? I mean, sometimes it's good to get out of your comfort zone and read stuff that challenges you. But sometimes it's nice to just feel like you're not crazy or uptight for being the way you are, and someone at Harvard Business Review is on your team. Absolutely loved this blog. 

********

Most Horribly Depressing + Worst Reality Check:

Your Summer PSA

Read this one at your own risk, folks. If you're like me and enjoy an occasional (or not-so-occasional) half-priced Sonic shake during the summer...you get to choose. If you choose the blue pill and don't click, you can continue enjoying your treat. But if you choose the red pill...you'll be joining me in this sad world where there are no tasty shakes to serve as a treat or reward all summer long. It's your choice, but I appreciate Abby being brave enough to look this up and share the truth. But also I'm kind of mad at her.

********

I'm thinking that you should probably read these in the opposite order of how I listed them so that you finish with the cute four-year-old and also so that we can discuss the weirdest thing I learned in that restaurant review: rich people eat PIGEONS?!??!! What? Huh? Is this true?? It's like they ran out of fancy ways to cook fancy animals and so they're eating RAT BIRDS??! Gross. Just...ew. Anyway. Have a great weekend...stay away from eating paint, writing with incorrect grammar, and the world's most delicious milkshakes. Womp womp.


9 comments:

  1. I was really confused with the PSA and what I wasn't supposed to click. So I clicked on her post and now - MY EYES, MY EYES, MY EYES! I can't un-see that. OVER ONE THOUSAND CALORIES!? Fortunately the closest Sonic is like 20 miles away. Now, Steak and Shake is 3 miles away and also has happy hour, so please don't post anything about that one, okay? I'm pretty positive their shakes are at least half the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have again been on a diet this week and counting calories makes you realize how many calories are in the foods you love the most..ugh so depressing. I figure I better not even see how many calories are in that sonic shake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah....the shake she is talking about is my favorite at Sonic. Last summer, putting it into MyFitnessPal made my heart sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those calorie counts are EVIL! GAH!! Now I'm not so upset that I'm off dairy - at least I won't be tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was terrible. I'm not necessarily a fan of Sonic but Chick-fil-A and Steak & Shake are probably equally awful offenders. Boo. Good news though: fraps are about 400ish calories. Still awful, but much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rat birds! You had me laughing out loud alone in my living room with that one. I think fancy food is overrated. If I don't know what it is, and it's not dessert, count me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sincerest apologies to everyone for ruining the summer fun. Denial would be a much better place to live.

    Also, how do you do those fancy like picture snippets of the blog post? I feel like I could possibly turn to Google for this one, but it's much more fun to see if the Grammar Police can also be a Blog Guru for those of us who should probably know the answer to this question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone that works in recruiting, AMEN to the grammar post. If you can't create a resume without typos and that's your best first impression, then I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been to a Sonic but now, perversely, I really want one of those shakes! And I loved the description of "paint" because that's totally what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.