Tuesday, May 3, 2016

millie-isms: part II

Our little bug has been under the weather for a few days. Nothing terrible, just generic fever+cough+snot. I hate when she feels bad, but I sure don't hate the extra snuggles.



Luckily she has felt good enough to continue being her normally hilarious self, which means I have content for my second installment of millie-isms: the hopefully endless list of the funny things she says (or does, as the case may be in this pre-verbal-fluency stage).

1. I've known for a few weeks that her favorite song is If You're Happy and You Know It (and also Itsy Bitsy Spider, and also Wheels on the Bus, and also Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. Just so the record is clear.). When we sing it, I normally just sing the usual verses- clap your hands, stomp your feet. But yesterday I decided to sub in some other actions at the end- and it turns out she can follow pretty well! So now when she's happy and she knows it, she can express it by patting her tummy, wiggling her ponytail, shaking her booty, sticking out her tongue, jumping up and down, and doing a flip (aka turning in a circle). I then further discovered that I can use this new game to my advantage, both to get her to do something she doesn't want to do, and to get her to STOP doing something that I don't want her to do.

Exhibit A: When I got home from work today, I said "Can you give Mommy a hug?" and she says "noooooo." So I sang "If you're happy and you know it, give Mommy a hug!" and she runs over and gives me a hug. WIN!

Exhibit B: She was fake-crying about something ridiculous. So I sang "if you're happy and you know it, stop crying!" and she stopped crying. EXTRA WIN.

2. Tonight I was reading her a story and she likes to point to and talk about things on all of the pages. We were looking at this page...



...and so I pointed to the slide and said "Millie, what do you say when you go on the slide?" and she replies "Weeeee!"

"Millie, what do you say on the swing?"

"Weeeeee!!"

Point to the picnic table. "Millie, what do you say when you eat a picnic?"

"MINE!"

Yup, that's about right.

3 comments:

  1. I had to read the exhibit a and b to my husband. I love this. Ever since Millie's Instagram of laughing and crying on demand, I've been working with the twins. Its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that is truly a skill all babies need to develop!! :) (Sorry for responding here- I didn't get an email notification of this comment for some reason!)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha the last one made me laugh! I'm territorial about my food, too, so I totes get it, Millie.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.