Wednesday, June 15, 2011

please pray

Hi, friends. No Way Back When-sday today as I had planned. Life intervened.

This morning, my brother-in-law Tom's parents were both killed in a car accident here in Athens. His parents were such wonderful people. They moved to America when Tom was 11. I have been so blessed to know them for the past few years (and experience amazing and authentic Chinese food). Tom is an only child, and he and Amy (Matt's sister) live in Vermont. They will be traveling home tomorrow.

Tom and Amy are our age, and I don't know about you, but I can't imagine having to go through this. My heart is so broken and grieved...I can't imagine how they are feeling. Please pray for them. Seriously.

Unfortunately, Matt and I won't get to see Tom and Amy for a few days. My brother's wedding is Saturday, in Augusta, and we will be leaving to head there tomorrow. A wedding and a funeral. I'm sure there's some sort of deep metaphor in that, but I'm too sad to think of it right now.

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

9 comments:

  1. I am sooo sorry to hear this!!! That is such a tragic loss!!! Praying for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I am so sorry to hear this, Erika. What a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear that... praying right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad...I will keep your family in my prayers during this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Erika! My heart is with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic accident. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your momtold me about the accident on the phone- I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is horrible, I can't imagine how devastated they must be...praying for everyone

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.