Sunday, June 12, 2011

something new

Hello and happy Sunday!!

We've had a wonderful (and BLAZING HOT) weekend. I spent Friday at the pool, which is just about the only place I can stand to be when it's this hot all the time. Yesterday Matt and I went kayaking down the Broad River. It was REALLY fun, and also a rather unexpected shoulder/back workout. I dunno...since I do work out pretty regularly...and I don't neglect working out my back and shoulders...I just didn't expect a couple hours of easy rowing to disable me to the extent it has! Oh well. After three hours on the river, we were able to stay on dry land for about 3 hours before calling it quits and going back to the pool. Dry land just isn't my thing during these hot summer months. And also, I don't know if it would be possible for me to continue living in Georgia if we didn't live 15 minutes away from Matt's parents and their pool. It is a LIFE saver. 

Then last night, while Matt was watching the most ridiculous movie in the world on TV (it was some movie that was spoofing Walk the Line....RIDICULOUS), I got curious and ended up doing some online tutorials and figured out how to add new sections to my blog!! I know, aren't you amazed?? I should be a full-time web designer or something (HAHAHAHA). So for the three of you that actually LOOK at my blog (instead of viewing it through your Reader/phone)...you will be happy (or not, depending on if you're a jerk or not) to notice I now have "About Me," "Contact Me," and "Our Infertility Journey" tabs on the right-hand side. You know, in case you needed to know more about me. Because I don't talk about myself enough. Exactly.

And because Google Analytics is awesome and all, I already know that a few folks DID investigate my new pages sometime last night/this morning, when they were still works in progress. If you're one of those people, you should check again. I changed some things and made them better. But bless you for being so on top of things in the first place! A plus. 

With that, I am off to do some lunch prep for the week. Matt and I have taken to making these rather elaborate lunches for ourselves (that we take to work), but they require doing a lot of "prep work" on Sunday afternoons. It's a lot of work, but on the plus side...I look forward to lunchtime EVERY SINGLE DAY. And also, co-workers gawk and stare, jealously. It's pretty great.

5 comments:

  1. Tell us more about your lunches! I'm always looking for more ideas (I pack Brandon's dinner, 3 nights a week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah- I wanna know about them lunches! Erika, you are VERY creative. Shut your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch blog, please. Way to keep us in suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how "eating" was right next to "doing squats at the gym" on your "likes" :) And really, if you moved to Texas, you would be friends with Amanda and me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Allison on this one, obviously. Also, I have been thinking of doing an Infertility Timeline on mine, so you just might have inspired me. We'll see if I can get motivated enough to actually follow through with it. I would also like to go back and label all of the the posts related to the topic, but again, we'll see if I actually do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.