Monday, August 8, 2011

so untrustworthy

Technology, yall. You can't live with it...can't live without it.

Today's first-world problem:

I come home from work, exhausted from the First Day of School, which is a story all in itself which I will not be telling here. Suffice it to say I was exhausted and looking for a little comfort from my friends Teresa, Jacqueline, Caroline, Melissa, and Kathy...

...otherwise known as the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I usually have to hang out with these girls on an afternoon I get off early, before Matt comes home, because for some reason he doesn't relish hanging out with them quite as much as I do. Whatevs. And obviously I can't stay up until 11pm on a Sunday night to catch 'em live. So I let my other BFF, the DVR, do the hard work for me.


Right, so I get home, get a few things done, and plop down to catch up with the girls. We had a storm last night, you know. There was tons of lightning-- so much so that we actually unplugged the computer and the TV! But smarty pants me...I remembered, after the storm ended: Hey!! Plug the TV back in!! It has to record Real Housewives at 9!! I so covered my bases.


And I did. Except for then technology failed me. I can't decide whether to blame Bravo or my DVR. Maybe both.


Because all that's waiting in the DVR today for me to watch is 5 RE-RUN episodes of RH from last season. Yeah. Not last night's episode.


Apparently Bravo had the genius idea to have some kind of old re-run marathon today. Which is great and all, except that the constant recording meant that my DVR kicked out the NEW episode in favor of all the re-runs!! Dumb DVR. I know you're only set to hold 5 episodes at a time, but can't you have the good sense to figure out that what I REALLY want to see is the NEW episode that aired last night? Don't you remember last season when you recorded all those episodes the first time and then we already watched them together? Did you really think they were so good that I'd want to see them again instead of the new episode from last night? Seriously, DVR. Try thinking next time.


So now I have to wait until Bravo re-runs last night's episode in order to record/watch it. Which will be tonight at 9. The inconvenience here is horrifying, don't you think? Geez. Thanks for ruining my life, DVR. Jerkface.

3 comments:

  1. how terrible. looks like matthew will have to watch the episode after all. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear the first day of school story! Did it leave you in need of some (wv:) acimeds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's happened to me before with Teen Mom. It's, like, HOW do MTV and my DVR expect me to wait an additional 24 hours for my fix of babymama drama? Not cool. Jerkface is right.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.