Wednesday, July 18, 2012

midweek confessions

It's been awhile since I've done some quality confessing, yall. Not counting my TV confessions of last week, of course. But since I can't think of anything more comprehensive or intelligent to blog about today (yesterday's scientific dissertation really wore me out), I figgered it'd be a good time to get a few things off my chest.

--I am actually really excited about surgery. This is probably super strange, but it's true. Maybe it's really just that I'm excited about the post-surgery bedrest/recovery time. Mainly because a) I will be missing the first weeks of school, and b) the Olympics will be on. Therefore I am looking ahead to a marvelous few weeks of rest, relaxation, and live Olympic-watching. I am choosing not to think about the pain, actual surgery, etc.

--Our air conditioning has broken had issues TWICE in the last week (completely separate, non-related issues). The AC fixer guy has been here TWICE in seven days. That is not okay with me. Luckily, neither problem was super complicated/expensive (not to mention, Matt's parents paid for the first visit...), but still. Not. Cool. (Literally.)

--Between Saturday and Monday of this week, I made FIVE recipes from Pinterest. And every single one of them was good. I'm a little worried that I'm due for a bomb somewhere in the near future here...and it better not be what I'm planning to cook Thursday.

--I want to be at the airport 2.5 hours early for our flight to Mexico. That is approximately 1 more hour than what the airport recommends. But I'm of the "better safe than sorry" mentality and I can't see myself only getting there 90 minutes before the flight. Am I a total worrywart?

--Yesterday at work, one of my co-workers mentioned that during lunch, she and another co-worker had been talking about me. They were admiring that I had my life/myself "so together." I had to laugh in her face and tell her that obviously they had never met me. She said they based their opinion on the fact that I always show up to work on time, looking cute, and I bring really wonderful and elaborate lunches. I said that they might need to get some more stringent criteria for their "got your life together" rating system, and also I have nothing to do with my awesome lunches-- that's all Matt. But I do take full responsibility for my timeliness. It is next to godliness, after all. Secretly, though, I'm a little bit happy that I don't appear to be quite as hot a mess as I really know I am. Tricking people left and right!  

--I have been cleaning house like a madwoman in anticipation of my friend house-sitting for us while we're on vacation. To be honest, some of these thing probably haven't been cleaned since...oh, the last time she house-sat for us. Last July. :)

--I hate having two posts in a row with no pictures, so I'm throwing in a completely random and unrelated (is anything 'related' in this post, anyway?) photo just for the heck of it here:

Me, about to go snorkeling in Mexico on our honeymoon. In not too many more moons, I just may be taking another picture jussssst like this!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!! Hopefully this time I will not be attempting any ridiculous kissy-faces, though. Not cool, Erika. Not cool.

9 comments:

  1. I am dying a little of jealousy about your trip BUT am excited that you get to go- you deserve it for having your life so together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I can't say I have surgery often, but whenever I am sick or something, I also get excited about the bedrest, completely neglecting the fact that I feel terrible.

    2. I am also chronically early to the airport, and especially would want to be for international flights... but sometimes I let Wade talk me down from the ledge and allow him to choose what time we will get there since he is more level-headed than I.

    3. I think it's funny when other people view "being on time" as this impossible task that they will never be able to accomplish. WHY?!

    4. Can I be nosy and ask about logistics of your friend who house sits? We might need one at some point for our dogs, but I'm not sure how much I would need to pay a friend, if I would need to have food for them, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The timing of your surgery with the Olympics is incredible. I too would be very excited about that.

    I think your airport timing is reasonable. Especially when you consider that you have to drive through Atl to get there. Much better to hang out in the airport than stress in traffic.

    I am going to start using the phrase "timeliness is next to godliness." Love. It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally hear you on the airport thing -- better way early than missing your plane.

    It's a good thing people don't judge me on how cute I look or how awesome my lunches are. Yesterday my daughter ate applesauce and crackers for lunch. And water. Sam had a plain bun and a glass of iced tea. And applesauce. It was such an AESOME lunch! Maybe that IS a sign of how together I am! Ha!

    I would also be looking forward to the bedrest/Olympic watching thing. Don't they have medication for the pain?!?! Seriously, I hope it's not too bad and for you.I find the more I dread things ahead of time the better they are when it comes right down to it. Does that make any sense?

    My mid-week confession is that when my son woke up at the totally reasonable hour of 8:15am I told him that it was too early to be day and that I was going back to sleep. He could watch Mighty Machines DVDs if he wanted but it was too early for Mommy to wake up. It totally worked and I got to sleep until 9:45 when Rachel woke up. (Sam was up in the middle of the night from 2:15-3:45ish so I felt justified in needing more sleep.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of the "got your life together" description! I say all those things definitely count and are worthy of praise. Go you (and Matt)! Happy almost vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great confessions! :)

    I really love that having a good lunch and being on time = put together.

    and haha on # 6! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.